Autophagy is a natural regeneration process that occurs at a cellular level in the body system, which helps to prevent the chances of contracting some diseases, and helps to prolong life span. This process involves the degradation of cells and the recycling of cell component.
What Autophagy Does to Your Body?
I want you to know that Autophagy is a good thing so “fear not”. It’s not just a big word without a useful meaning. It’s a natural process called which simply means “self-eating”). It is a good way to detox your body. Your cells create membranes that hunt out components of dead, diseased, and worn-out cells, and then use the resulting molecules for energy, and to create new cell parts.
What are the Benefits of Autophagy?
- It helps your body to clean out damaged cells and toxins, and helps you regenerate newer cells and healthier cells.
- It reduces Inflammation
- It improves the daily function of the body
- It prevents the neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease, and Alzheimer disease
- It increases longevity
- Autophagy is greatly beneficial for your skin complexion
How Do I kick-start my Body system into Autophagy?
This is one of the easiest step to take, looking at the benefit is a way to motivate yourself into doing the right thing. To start this process, you need to know that autophagy starts when your body is in stress response mode. Stressing your cells is the natural method to start autophagy(This is not the type of stress, this stress focus on the cells) . You can do this by observing intermittent fasting and protein cycling to create nutrient deprivation in your cells. You can also start cellular stress in the body through exercise. Other methods include;
- Eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables and low carbohydrate diet
- Get enough sleep
- Fast at least once in a week(especially intermittent fasting)
- Limit protein intake to 15grams per day
- Exercise at least 4 times in a week, etc
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POST OR OTHER POSTS? PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!