There are lots of factors that could lead to weight gain. Some people might find it difficult to lose weight due to certain medical conditions like Hypothyroidism– whereby the thyroid gland doesn’t produce enough hormones, or Cushing’s syndrome which occurs rarely but still common -this causes over production of hormones especially steroid hormones .
The common reason people get fat is because they eat more food than required and never burn calories(i.e they don’t work out}. Some blame their Genes and complain about how fatness runs in the family. This mindset has made a lot of people lazy to work towards losing weight. There is no factor that a good nutrition can’t conquer(Speak to a certified Nutritionist today for professional help).
COULD THIS BE THE REASON WHY YOU ARE GETTING FAT?CHECK OUT THESE FACTORS AND COMMENT ON WHICH ONE YOU CAN RELATE TO
1. Consuming large quantity of processed food especially fast food which contains bad fat and sugar
2. High intake of alcoholic drinks – alcohol contains high amount of calories, and people who drink heavily are often overweight with pot belly
3. When you eat more calories than your body needs(eat large portions of food).
4. Consuming large portions of healthy drinks and food. All food contain calories, so even if you eat healthy but don’t control your portion you will still gain weight
5. Cooking your food with bad fat and unhealthy ingredients. Your cooking method can also affect your food and thus lead to weight gain
6. Drinking high calorie juices and sugary drinks – e.g carbonated drinks and fruit juice(Yes fruit juices are high in calories, even though it’s healthy you have to drink it in moderation)
7. Eating instead of drinking water and comfort eating – Some people may eat to make yourself feel better, food should not be your go to source to feel better. I heard a lady telling her friend who was going through heart break to drink lots of Ice-cream that she will feel better lol! .Sometimes all we need is water so when next you feel hungry drink water first before you reach out to that food.
8. Lack of physical activities. when you keep consuming calories and don’t burn it then weight gain is a must.
PS: Some people have very fast metabolism, that’s why you will some people eating a lot but still don’t get fat, that is because of their fast metabolism. For those with a sow metabolism you need to put in extra work to lose weight and maintain a healthy weight
ENJOYED OUR POST? PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT OR SHARE THE FACTOR YOU CAN RELATE TO!!!